Thursday 26 January 2012

Boojum eat your heart out

I recently went to Boojum last week for the first time, and quite enjoyed it, don't bait me or anything but I didn't LOVE it or get what the hype was really about. So I decided to make my own home made burritos and see if I liked them better so here goes

For le salsa you will need
Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Half a jar of jalapenos
Canned  tomatoes
Handful of Cherry tomatoes
Tomato paste
Half a large onion
6 cloves of garlic

For le chilli you will need
2 pound of mince
Half a large onion
1 can of kidney beans
1 clove of garlic
Chilli con carne powder

For serving you will need rice, lime, grated cheese, tortillas and whatever else you want to put in your burrito 

Salsa
Step 1. Finely chop garlic, onions and cherry tomatoes, then place them into a pot with a drizzle of oil  and saute until soft
Step 2. Next add the canned tomatoes , tomato paste and jalapenos and stir
Step 3. Let simmer for 20mins

Chilli
Step 1. Chop onion and garlic and place into a large pot with oil and mince
Step 2. Cook until brown, then drain the access juice
Step 3. Add chilli con carne mix and stir well
Step 4. Add the canned tomato and cook for 15mins
Step 5. Add in the kidney beans just before serving

Serve with tortillas, I stuffed mine with rice, a squeeze of lime, cheese and salsa of course!

Pictures to come, after this food baby goes and I find the camera lead
Also it was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY nicer than Boojum

No comments:

Post a Comment